Pro Deck Painting & Staining in Houston
Whether you are applying paint to a deck for the first time or repainting, Painter1 of Houston offers painting and staining services which will protect your deck from weather exposure / damage.
Painter1 of Houston professionals will first clean the surface which may include stripping or sanding depending on the condition of the wood. We will also repair or replace any rotted wood, loose nails or screws to keep your deck sturdy and safe. Painter1 of Houston can help you choose the best coating for your surface based on your style and the type and condition of the wood. We can also create a modern feel with solid paint colors or retain the integrity of the wood with a stain that brings out the natural grains. Our skilled deck painter professionals will only use the best techniques to apply paint, stain and seal to maximize the life and beauty of your deck.
The Painter1 of Houston Promise
Below are the values we instill within our company and strive to abide by every day.
Cost Efficient & Up-front Pricing
2 Year Warranty & Guarantee
Highest Rated Service
On Time & On-Schedule
Clean Work Areas
Reliable Crew & Quality Work
Our years of painting experience guarantees we will get the job done right, in a timely manner, and on budget!
Having a deck is a terrific thing! It can add curb appeal to your home and increase precious outdoor living space. Whether you use your deck to hang out and BBQ every weekend or have a peaceful herb garden to relax by, your deck will need maintenance to stay looking fresh. That’s where Painter1 of Houston comes in to take care of you and your deck, so no more searching for “deck painting in Houston”; has you covered for all your exterior painting needs!
Painting and Staining Services for Your Deck
Wood decks require special care to maintain their vitality; this looks like using paint or stain to give it that fresh look and keep it protected. Painter1 is here to help you choose the best option for your sense of style and the state of the wood.
We can give your deck a sleek modern feel with a wide variety of paint colors, or if you prefer a natural look - we can use a stain to bring out the beautiful natural grains and patterns of the wood. The skilled professionals in Houston use the best-known techniques to apply paint/stain and seal the wood to maximize the luster and life of your deck. Deck staining and painting is easy and possible with Painter1!
Paint can be a great option if you are looking for something relatively low maintenance and long-lasting. A paint job done by Painter1 of Houston can last for years to come! Paint is also suitable if your deck is showing its age. A new coat of paint can help hide unsightly flaws and make everything look crisp and put together. There are mainly two types of paint to choose for your deck:
- Oil-Based Paint: These paints are typically durable and can withstand daily wear and tear — perfect for people who plan to use their deck a lot. They protect the wood from moisture and adhere well to surfaces to offer a smooth finish.
- Latex Paint: These paints are generally best for areas with higher temperatures and lots of sun exposure, as they protect the wood from UV fading. They are also crack and chip resistant, emit less odor, and dry nice and quick!
Using paint can be an excellent option for your deck, but there are a few things to consider before deciding.
- Paint Traps Moisture in the Wood: When it rains, water can pool, and this will cause the wood to expand naturally. Over time, as the deck expands and contracts with the weather, the paint will start to chip and peel.
- Paint is Permanent: If you choose to paint your deck, it can make it challenging to stain later on. You can always paint another layer, but getting it back down to the natural wood is time-consuming and often expensive.
If you love the look of your natural wood, then a stain is a fantastic option! A wood stain can enhance your deck's warm, rich luster and create a beautiful, inviting environment for your outdoor space. Applying a stain is protective for natural wood because it penetrates the timber and gets into the grain, sealing it against moisture and rot. You also get to choose how opaque the stain is, which gives you plenty of creative control.There are many options to choose from when looking for wood stains in Houston; here are some of the most common choices:
- Solid Stains: These stains add a dark rich layer to the wood and are similar to paint because they cover most of the wood's natural elements and grains.
- Semitransparent Stains: These stains incorporate some color but still allow the wood’s natural patterns and unique qualities to show through. These also provide UV protection and weatherproofing for the wood.
- Clear Wood Preserves: These are perfect for a beautiful wood deck where you want the natural color and grains to be displayed. Some of these stains have UV damage protection, and most contain a fungicide to protect against mildew and mold.
Choosing to stain can be an excellent choice for your deck. But much like painting, there are things to be aware of before deciding.
- Wood Stain is Not Long-Lasting: A stained deck may need to be redone every two years with lots of use. However, there are stain options that last closer to 3-5 years.
- Some Wood Doesn't Hold Stain Well: When choosing to paint or stain, it is essential to know what type of wood you have and how a stain will adhere to it. If you have a dense wood deck, it may be better to opt for an oil-based stain or apply a clear wood preservative.
Avoid DIY - Hire a Professional!
Re-finishing your deck by yourself on the weekend may be tempting, but many things could go wrong or situations you can get into that you might not be prepared to handle. DIY deck painting can start as a doable project and turn into a time-consuming, expensive and extenuating chore. Painter1 takes care of everything for you, so you don't have to worry about anything! Set the tools down and hire professionals in Houston to set your mind and muscles at ease.
Whether you choose to paint or stain your deck, will handle it all with professionalism and on time. Our experts are licensed, bonded, insured and consistently exceed industry standards.
Call now and schedule your free estimate today!